Cleanse the Liver
by Pete Adams
(Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico)
Cleanse the Liver
One of our current guests has been doing coffee enemas to cleanse the liver. I have done a few myself over the last couple of years. They are highly recommended by Hulda Clark, the Gerson Therapy and many others. A liver cleanse/flush is recommended by many at least twice yearly and Christian and Bek Young who are helping to manage The Sanctuary this summer will be facilitating a retreat to cleanse the liver and gallbladder.
So, when a new friend who has been staying at The Sanctuary for the last 3 weeks, told me that has been doing a LOT of research on liver cleansing and that his conclusion is that he thinks "it's a scam", I decided to ask Christian about his thoughts on this, if it is a good idea or not to cleanse the liver. I had not had time to quiz my new friend further as to why he had come to this conclusion, but he did say that the olive oil used in the flush forms stones.
Here is Christian's reply (slightly edited for clarity)
I think this is a good thing to challenge because we must question everything, and indeed we have asked ourselves similar questions over the last 2 years. At this point in time we believe that it is not a scam for the following reasons:
1) We have performed 9 Liver / Gallbladder flushes over the last two years (No. 10 is not too far away), and after each we feel absolutely fantastic, have had no negative effects post flush, and have been astounded at the improved health and wellness that it has provided us. For example, I used to continuously suffer from Colds and flu's every few weeks. Since I have started flushing, I and indeed both of us, have not been 'sick' since. So i guess what I am getting at for this point is that we can comment from our own 'flushing' experience.
2) We have facilitated Liver Gallbladder flushes for over 15 clients in the last 2 years, all of whom have had amazing results, a few of which have kindly volunteered to write about their experiences and what it did for them - not just from a physical perspective, but emotionally, and spiritually also. So for this point our experience of facilitating others in this process has provided only good.
3) The person who was our marriage celebrant back in Australia, was recently diagnosed with Gallstones, and told that she would have to have an operation to have them removed. With our assistance she facilitated her own Liver/ Gallbladder flush, the result being that a large number of gallstones were passed. We just checked in with her 30 minutes ago, and she indicated that she has since performed another two flushes (which were nothing like her first) and she no longer has a build up of stones in her gallbladder - and therefore does not need to have surgery.
3) The late Adrian Moritz (probably the founder of the Liver / Gallbladder flush movement) has the following response when asked the specific question that stones are just a result of olive oil - I have summarised his response below.(from the Amazing Liver / Gallbladder Flush):
1. Olive Oil does not assume the putrid smell the emanates from most released gallstones. The smell is unlike that produced by fecal matter.
2. Olive oil cannot congeal into such relatively hard or dense structures, even if it were chemically altered or manipulated in a laboratory - even more unlikely considering the the short time frame it is within the GI tract and the total unavailability of thickening agents.
3. Analysis of released gallstones shows that the majority contain all of the basic ingredients that make up bile fluid. Many of these stones consist of old, dark green bile, something that cannot be produced overnight. The dark-red, or black stones certainly cannot be classed as olive oil 'soap stones'. I personally second this point - in my first 3 or 4 flushes, I had any different coloured stones, of different size, shape and consistency - I don't think that if the stones were all from olive oil, that they would be all different.
4. The olive oil mixture does not even go through the liver, as it would if it were combined with food. Therefore during the liver flush, the liver does nothing but release gallstones and bile. Neither the liver nor the small intestine can act as a soap stone factory.
5. Once the liver and gallbladder are completely clear, no more gallstones are released during the next flush. (This is actually the key sign that you can move to six monthly flushes). Therefore if the olive oil always produced gallstones then you would never reach this point as many people have (I am not there yet....:-) )
6. Because of olive oil intolerance, other people have used a different oil e.g. macadamia nut oil, and the results have been the same i.e. green stones, etc.
7. If stones are just blobs of oil, why do so many people get cured from chronic illnesses such as asthma, allergies, cancer, etc, etc,
8. Many people have released stones of different colours - black, red, green, white, tan, yellow - olive oil does not contain colouring agents to produce this.
9. A number of people (including myself and one of our 'clients) have had stones come out prior to taking the olive oil mixture itself. These 'early stones' are identical to the olive oil triggered stones.
10. Photos have been taken of dissected livers, which show the presence of these stones in the bile ducts of the liver.
I know the above is quite a long response, but I trust this now gives you the background on why we believe in the cleanse, and will continue to do it ourselves and help others where-ever there is a need.
If you are thinking to cleanse the liver, you can visit this page http://www.healing-haven.com/liver-gallbladder-cleanse.html for more information including a video of Christian showing some techniques to cleanse the liver.
I invite you to add comments or ask questions below about liver gallbladder cleanse/flushes.