Healing Retreat - Pilates in beautiful Madeira island, Portugal, January 2016
by Catarina Catarino
I invite you to join us for a week of Pilates in beautiful Madeira Island, Portugal!
This will be a time to renew and invigorate mind, body and spirit in Madeira’s subtropical climate, turquoise blue ocean, unspoilt beaches and rich, locally grown food.
You’ll be part of a small, intimate group so that we can take really good care of you.
Madeira is set in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Morocco.
Known as the “Atlantic Pearl", the island offers breathtaking scenery with its incredible vegetation, exuberant flowers, magnificent mountainous views and gorgeous beaches.
* Enjoy a stunning location by the ocean
* Have the opportunity to trek in one of Madeira's famous Levadas and forests
* Stay in a beautiful, intimate hotel with friendly staff
* Savour nourishing food - vegetarian, non vegetarian and allergies catered for
* Get a mid-winter break to relax in a mild, subtropical climate
Our Pilates sessions will help you:
* Relax and Recharge
* Re-balance your posture and manage your body’s energy effectively.
* Restore - develop a posture that's gracious, alleviate pain and stiff muscles
* Condition your entire body and develop your muscles evenly
* Develop your flexibility and strengthen your body from inside out
* Learn to move in a way that is functional, organic, and respectful of your body’s anatomy.
* Feel present, focused, energized and confident in your skin
* Improve your confidence
* Develop your body awareness
* Benefit from highly personalised sessions in a small, intimate group.
Pilates can be done by virtually everyone.
A very safe technique, Pilates is gentle, yet challenging. Whether you haven’t exercised in a decade or you pay regular visits to the gym, each exercise is adaptable to your level and ability, whether you are a beginner or a pro.
Every day we will start with a 1h20mins energising morning session. You'll have the day to enjoy the island or treat yourself with some of the activities on offer - i.e.
walks, guided tours, spa treatments, cycling, beach, optional nutritional coaching, etc.
We'll wind out with another relaxing Pilates session in the evening and close the day dining at the Estalagem. Vegetarian and non vegetarian options are available. As long as you give us notice, the chef will cater for ALL food allergies.
Halfway through you’ll have an evening off from Pilates so that you can enjoy a free day in Madeira.
Arrival, Introductions, Orientation and Dinner
Days 2 to 7
Morning Pilates practice
Evening Pilates practice (excluding 1 evening)
Breakfast and Departure
The Estalagem is located in the 500 year old traditional village of Ponta do Sol in the southern coast of the Island.
Spectacularly set on the top of a cliff the Estalagem offers breathtaking views over the ocean.
Formerly a Quinta (old Farm), the hotel was restored into an elegant combination of simple, contemporary lines with the original character of the Quinta and its natural location.
Facilities and services include:
-outdoor pool with outstanding views (heated in winter 22º)
-heated small indoor pool (33º)
- small gym
- table tennis
- chill-out area
- spa treatments
- courtesy bus to capital city Funchal
About your host
Catarina’s teaching is intuitive, attentive and founded in her personal experience.
Previously a professional dancer and with over 16 years in the wellness industry, Catarina is a Pilates, Tai Chi, Qi gong and Meditation teacher.
Before relocating to Madeira Island she has taught in London UK working with a wide range of people.
Her style is integrative. Catarina's Pilates sessions bring the Eastern influence of Tai Chi & Qigong principles with a taste of her experience in different mind-body techniques.
£765 - £952 ($1174 - $1460 approx.)
Price per person, half board (eat what you want breakfast; dinner) and ensuite:
All airport transfers
6 - 1h20m invigorating morning Pilates
5 - 1h20m relaxing evening Pilates
Daily nutritious breakfast and dinner
Transfers to and from main city Funchal
On site therapies
Additional Private sessions and Coaching
For all details please go to: http://retreats.catarinacatarino.com